Race & Trauma in the Workplace
What will you learn?In this evidence based workshop, you will learn to:
- Define the terms racism, institutional racism, discrimination, prejudice, bias.
- Define trauma, understand various types of trauma, and the impact on coworkers and the workplace
- Identify racial trauma or race-based traumatic stress, and discuss how this is same/different from other non-racially based traumas
- Identify strategies to support staff and co-workers in addressing racial trauma in a work-based setting
- Access tangible resilience and coping strategies that can be enacted in the workplace, or accessed through available community resources.
Community WellnessThis seminar is presented in collaboration with the Annual Community Health & Wellness Fair on Sunday, April 23, 2023.
The OPRF Chamber is committed to supporting the health and wellness of our community. Our mission is to ensure that all who live and work in our community have the opportunity to thrive.
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 12, 2023
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM CDT
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
9am - 10am
The link will be sent to you one day before the event.
$25 OPRF Chamber members
$35 Non members
Downtown Oak Park (DTOP) Businesses - FREE