5 Social Media Tips for Real Estate Success
Did you know that 79% of internet users in the U.S. actively use Facebook? It stands to reason that using social media to spread the word about your real estate endeavors can go a long way. Think about it. Chances are the buyer and seller of the same property will have similar interests. After all, they were drawn to the same neighborhood, features and amenities. While it's unlikely they know each other personally, it's a lot more likely that they're somehow connected to each other through their networks.
The six degrees of separation theory is especially true when it comes to social media. That's one of the reasons why at @properties, we use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest as marketing tools (check out the video linked below to learn about some of the latest and greatest).
Whether you're a buyer or seller, there are ways you can join us online and use social media to help achieve your real estate goals. Here are five tips:
- Post a link to your home's listing page, or your intention to buy, on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Add an element of humor, nostalgia or emotion to your post. Virality expert and entrepreneur Emerson Spartz says social media users are more likely to be engaged when they feel an emotional connection.
- Use hashtags in your posts such as #Homebuyer or #HomeForSale #[YourNeighborhood] to reach people beyond your existing network. Meanwhile, searching these hashtags will allow buyers to see what's generating buzz in their prospective neighborhood.
- If you're a seller, ask your broker to create a property listing video to share on your social networks. Professional listing videos are visually compelling and give buyers the opportunity to "tour" homes online before they see them in person.
- Work with your broker to create a social media strategy that includes amplifying each other's marketing efforts (i.e. sharing or cross-promoting content).
Check out the @properties video here: