OPRF Poaster Board
LATEST POASTER UPDATE
UPDATE - July 30, 2017
Congrats to Monica's Skincare Boutique, our first member to join Poaster! And thank you to Sidgl.com, or first member to Poast! Members are learning the system and signing on. Remember, we are the BETA community, so there will be some bugs and bumps along the way. Send all questions to the Chamber and we'll put you in touch with Founder and CEO Chris Shaw who is trouble-shooting.
A few items of note: all poasts will stay active until mid-August, when Poaster does its B2C push and starts directing consumers to the site. Typically, poasts are only active for 1, 2 or 3 days - whatever you choose. Just this once, however, the poasts will stay live until 3 days after the launch (ETA Aug 15.) Our goal is to populate the OPRF PoasterBoard with 50+ poasts before consumers start using the site. We want them to have a reason to keep coming back!
Another issue: from a merchant's perspective, you can load poasts via your computer on the www.poaster.life site or using the app. HOWEVER the app only works on iPhones right now. An android version is in development.
Be sure to come to Tratorria 225 on Wednesday for in person Q&A.
UPDATE - July 28, 2017
Poaster is live! Invitations were sent to the primary representative of each Chamber member, as well as any other business who indicated interest. The invites came from email@example.com on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of this week. If you didn't get one or deleted it, let me know and I will resend.
HANDS-ON TUTORIALS AND PRESENTATION FROM FOUNDER CHRIS SHAW scheduled for Wednesday, August 2 at Trattoria 225 4:30pm. Click here to rsvp.
UPDATE - July 23, 2017
Poaster is still waiting for Apple to clear its just-revised App through the iTunes App store. Once that happens, , which we expect will occur in the next few days, we will send out the Poaster Invites to Chamber Members. We regret the delay.
HOW DOES POASTER WORK?
WHAT IS POASTER?Tap into Local - introduction to Poaster for Merchants
EMAIL SENT JULY 15 WITH POASTER VIDEO
Chamber Members - Happy Saturday!
As promised, here is more information about "Poaster," the new online marketing / shop local solution that we are launching through the Oak Park River Forest Chamber of Commerce.
- Watch the short video attached here (see above) for merchants explaining how Poaster works (or click here to go to YouTube).
- We are posting information and the video on our website at oprfchamber.org/poaster
- All Chamber Members will receive an email invitation mid-next week to become a member of the "OPRF PoasterBoard"
- When you "accept" your invitation, you will receive instructions on setting up your account and "Tips and Tricks"
- We will set up some in-person workshops with Chris Shaw, Oak Park resident and Founder and CEO of Poaster, to help you get started - dates TBA
- Poaster will launch its big Oak Park area consumer marketing campaign for the Poaster on Monday, July 31
- All businesses are welcome to join in - but these emails are going only to Chamber Members. If you know of another business interested, direct them to oprfchamber.org/poaster where they too can sign up to be part of our OPRF PoasterBoard
A quick note about funding: your Chamber is presenting this tool to all area businesses free now through December. At the end of this trial period we will evaluate the product and determine an appropriate price structure for members / nonmembers as there is some cost to the Chamber to maintain the OPRF PoasterBoard. The company's business model is to charge the business associations, not the merchants, which we fully support but will need to figure out on our end. For now, we are excited to be the first "test market" for Poaster and eager to see the impact it can have on your bottomline.
Intriguing, right?! I hope you think so, too.
Cathy Yen, Executive Director, OPRF Chamber of Commerce