OPRF Chamber Hosts First RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALEFebruary 12, 2018FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Oak Park-River Forest Chamber Hosts First RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALE
February 12, 2018, OAK PARK, IL -- The Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to bring the community the very first RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALE on Saturday, February 17th at Oak Park’s 19th Century Club. The one day only sale will feature top area retailers selling end of season stock in an exciting event open to the public. The sale marks the very first time that the Chamber has hosted a shopping event. Cathy Yen, Executive Director of the Chamber, says the support of retailers and sponsors has been paramount in planning the sale, stating, "In this era of big box and online shopping, customers still get excited about unique experiences. We're delighted to bring independent retailers together for this one-day event to create that unique experience for shoppers, while celebrating our small business community and everything it has to offer. Curated merchandise from local mom-and-pop businesses, offered at steep discounts in a fun location - the Retail Warehouse Sale will have everything a "shop local" supporter could want!"
The RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALE is co-sponsored by The Dailey Method, The 19th Century Club, Jenny Shepherd Public Relations, Aubrey Jacknow Homes and Hepzibah, with Spilt Milk providing food and drinks for purchase. The impressive list of vendors includes Alioto's Gift Shop, Bliss Fashion Lounge, Careful Peach, Dailey Method Barre + Cycle, FILONI, Fitness II Perfection, Frank Lloyd Wright Trust, JAYNE, Lively Athletics, Manouche, Nature Yoga Sanctuary, Rework By ROE, Stella & Dot, Sugarcup Trading, Ten Thousand Villages, The Barre Code, The Irish Shop, Team Blonde, Trends, and Two Story Farmhouse.
Personal stylist, author and committee co-lead Suze Solari adds, “This OPRF Chamber event is a convenient place for shoppers to access discounted a large volume of high -end merchandise from our local boutiques, support our economy as well as the charitable works of Hephzibah House, all in one place!”
Organizers for the event have pulled some tips together for shoppers to keep you in top savings form:
- Come early: The beauty of this sale is there is no admission charge. However, that means it's a first come, first served kind of deal. You'll want to be in line at least an hour early in order to get first dibs on merchandise. Organizers control admission flow at the door, so all customers have the space to look at all the great merchandise.
- Bring a buddy: This is the perfect way to spend time with a special someone or your bestie. It helps to have a buddy with you if you plan to be in line early so you are not stranded. Plus, who else will talk you into that second pair of heels?
- Wear leggings and a tank top: There are no dressing rooms, so you will need to try on clothing items over your clothes. If you are shopping for shoes, wear slip on shoes and bring different socks or stockings to match what you are shopping for.
- Plan your transportation: Parking at the 19th Century Club is available in the garage just south of the building, and standard parking rates apply.
- Pack lightly: There is a free coat check, but you'll want to keep your valuables on you.
- Study the map: As with any sale, it's good to have a bit of strategy to be sure you score the deals you want.
- Come for the Charity Pre-Shop: From 10-11A on the same day of the sale, doors open 1 hour early to 100 lucky shoppers for a $15 donation. 100% of proceeds will go to Hepzibah's Children's Association, Oak Park's oldest social service agency, and the Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneur Scholarship. Buy your ticket TODAY - quantities are extremely limited and the pre-shop will SELL OUT. Buy tickets on Eventbrite here.
Admission to the sale is free, but tickets are mandatory for the pre-shopping event and can be purchased on Eventbrite.
Jenny Shepherd Public Relations