Oak Park-River Forest Chamber Of Commerce Hosts Third Annual RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALEFebruary 10, 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OAK PARK, IL -- The Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to host the 3rd Annual RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALE on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at The Arts Center of Oak Park (200 N. Oak Park Avenue), a new beautiful + historic location for this event.This year’s Retail Warehouse Sale includes a TICKETED PRE-SHOP ($20/ticket, 2/21 from 7:30-9pm) and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC shopping hours (Free registration, 2/22 from 10am-1pm) and will feature top area retailers selling end of season stock in an exciting event open to the public.
For the past two years, this Chamber shopping event has been a smashing success- and this year will be even better! Kate Pezalla Marlin, co-owner of Lively Athletics, and three-time participant, says “It’s an amazing event, both as a vendor and a shopper. I’ve scored some great deals there - my favorite shirt is from there! I love the pre-shop event the most because I can go to dinner with friends first, and then walk through and sip some wine while I shop.”Swati Saxena, realtor with Baird & Warner and co-chair of the event, is thrilled to be involved and says “This event captures everything I love about Oak Park. A chance to shop curated merchandise from local mom-and-pop businesses, and get a great deal, too!”The impressive list of vendors includes: Lively Athletics, Careful Peach, Fearless Cooking, Karisma Boutique of Naperville, Fitness Formula Club of Oak Park, JAYNE, Majamas EARTH, Manouche,16 Suitcases, Selleria Veneta, Shop Wright, Blackout Baking (Pre-Shop exclusive), Good Earth Greenhouse, Arise Creations, Ten Thousand Villages, Team Blonde, Megan Lee Designs, Trends, Hit It! Fitness, Bright Endeavors, Epyk'Luxury and Tori Grace Outfitters. Local award-winning bakery favorite, Spilt Milk, will host an on-site pop-up cafe for the duration of the Saturday shopping hours.
Organizers for the event have pulled some tips together for shoppers to keep you in top savings form:
For more information on the sale, and ways to become a sponsor or vendor, visit the RETAIL WAREHOUSE SALE page on the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce website.Admission to the sale is free, but tickets are highly recommended for the pre-shopping event and can be purchased on Eventbrite.
- Come early: The beauty of this sale is there is no admission charge. However, that means it's a first come, first served kind of deal. You'll want to be in line at least 30 minutes early in order to get first dibs on merchandise. Organizers control admission flow at the door, so all customers have the space to look at all the great merchandise.
- Bring a buddy: This is the perfect way to spend time with a special someone or your bestie. It helps to have a buddy with you if you plan to be in line early so you are not stranded. Plus, who else will talk you into that second pair of heels?
- Wear leggings and a tank top: There are no dressing rooms, so you will need to try on clothing items over your clothes. If you are shopping for shoes, wear slip on shoes and bring different socks or stockings to match what you are shopping for.
- Plan your transportation: Street parking is a mix of free and metered spaces and available on many blocks surrounding The Arts Center of Oak Park. The venue is a short walk from the Oak Park stop on the Green Line.
- Pack lightly: There is a free coat check, but you'll want to keep your valuables on you.
- Study the map: As with any sale, it's good to have a bit of strategy to be sure you score the deals you want.
- Come for the Pre-Shop: Friday 2/21 all ticket sales will benefit the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce, a not-for-profit organization.
Anne Pezalla, Retail Warehouse Sale Chair