Thrive Overview: Thrive Counseling Center, is a 501(c)3 Community Mental Health Center serving individuals with mental health challenges in the near west suburbs of Chicago. The organization is run with a focus on three key tenets of care delivery: excellent people, efficient processes, and a focus on patient services. Thrive has been supporting the local community since 1898, providing counseling, psychiatry, crisis intervention, and group services to Oak Park, River Forest, Chicago, and the surrounding suburbs. Please submit email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Purpose: We are seeking Adult and Youth Therapists. As a Therapist, you will be a part of the multidisciplinary team providing individual and/or group therapy to a diverse population. You will help develop client and/or family centered therapeutic treatment goals to support client success and ensure their safety by connecting them with the appropriate resources and care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Employing the best practice methods of assessment and clinical diagnosis for assigned clients.
- Providing individual, family and group therapy based on a complete and up-to-date clinical record.
- Assuring that IMCANS and/or Mental Health Assessments (MHA)/Individual Recovery Plans (IRP), progress notes, assessment scales including the Locus and all other required clinical documentation is completed as delineated by the accreditation standards/funding requirements.
- Demonstrating capacity to independently manage timelines for required documentation.
- Linking clients to other services outside the scope of the Agency and acting as advocate for clients with external service providers as needed.
- Building effective working relationships with referral sources, i.e., police department, school, and other social service agencies.
- Promoting access to services by working weeknights and/or Saturdays and facilitating 24 kept sessions/week.
- Responding to clients and/or family needs outside of regularly scheduled session times.
- Adhering to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, NASW Code of Ethics (and/or other appropriate professional associations), private funding sources and Organization policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Will provide service activity as determined by Supervisor.
- Will document all services provided according to agency policies, procedures and quality assurance guidelines as measured in the quarterly file audit.
- Contributes to the positive growth and development of the agency and team.
- Contributes to the success of the agency by meeting productivity targets determined in consultation with direct supervisor.
- Reports to Team Clinical Program Manager
- Will adhere to the policies and procedures of the Agency.
- Will comply with all licensing standards applicable to position and responsibilities.
- Master’s Degree in a related mental health field.
- Clinical Licensure (LCPC or LCSW) preferred.
- Treatment skills in the areas of mental health assessment, treatment plan development and individual, family and group counseling.
- Demonstrated ability to engage individuals and families.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural clients.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data/best practices; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position description should not be construed to imply that these are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.